American Cancer Society (ACS) is a nationwide, community-based health organization whose mission is to lead the fight for a world without cancer and had several key objectives to improve the digital experience for all visitors. R2i partnered with ACS to take redesigned brand assets and build them into a new cancer.org with modern design and UX features, intuitive navigation, a mobile-friendly experience, and sophisticated Adobe Marketing Cloud technology enabling faster access to content and enhanced accessibility. The new site is a truly valuable digital experience for their many diverse site visitors.
The audiences include cancer patients, caregivers, medical professionals, and others seeking resources on cancer. These site visitors were top of mind for the newly transformed cancer.org which soft-launched mid-January before a full launch on World Cancer Day February 4. R2i worked to meet the needs of the various visitor personas as well as build the website against ACS' key objectives including:
- Incorporating responsive design for seamless viewing experiences on desktop, mobile, and tablet devices
- Building improved navigation paths to help users find information and resources quickly, including a Cancer A-Z Glossary
- Migrating 10,000+ pages of content from ACS' legacy content management system to Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- A robust news center complete with tags by cancer type and other important topics to allow users to filter news with one-touch access
- Developing 12+ web templates to give ACS site managers flexibility to build custom pages while adhering to brand and design guidelines
- A fully-functional Spanish equivalent to serve ACS' multi-cultural audience base
"Cancer.org serves as a comprehensive collection of cancer information for patients, survivors, caregivers, and volunteers. The new site underscores our commitment to making crucial cancer information easily accessible to those who need it," shared Renee Ducre, Enterprise Web Marketing Leader for the American Cancer Society.
As one of the world's largest and most visited cancer resources, cancer.org has a significant obligation to equip patients, survivors, family members, and advocates with the critical resources that they need for their personal circumstances. By migrating the site from their legacy content management system to Adobe AEM, R2i empowered American Cancer Society's internal teams with the ability to not only create and update new pages, but consistently improve site performance to ensure that site visitors are receiving a valuable digital experience.
To explore the new website, visit www.cancer.org.