Businesses are constantly searching for ways to market their brand via social media platforms. Most turn to Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube. But often overshadowed by these platforms is Tumblr. Tumblr is an underrated social media platform that has huge marketing potential.
Tumblr is a micro blogging site that doubles as a social networking site. It allows its users to share content including text, photos, quotes, links, and videos while connecting people of similar interests. The social networking part kicks in by allowing it’s users to follow pages, chat, comment, like or share the content that others are posting.
So why does Tumblr show huge marketing potential? Keep reading!
- Tumblr is Growing: According to ComScore, Tumblr’s worldwide audience increased 172% between October 2010 and October 2011. This makes Tumblr the second fastest growing social network in the world.
- Users Spend More Time on the Site: ComScore found that users averaged spending 147.1 minutes on Tumblr in November 2011. This may be less time spent on Facebook, but it’s more time spent on Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and MySpace combined.
- Google Analytics: Tumblr is integrated with Google Analytics. This makes it easy for your business to monitor what keywords do or don’t work, what people like about your blog, and what blogs people find most interesting.
- Anyone Can View Your Posts: Each Tumblr gets its own URL, which means someone doesn’t need to be a Tumblr member in order to view your posts. This means you are able to reach larger audiences.
- The “Reblog” Button: This is Tumblr’s version of a share button. This allows your content to be quickly shared across thousands of blogs and, again, reach larger audiences.
Tumblr is rapidly growing and has a lot to offer businesses looking to market their brands with social media.
Does your business use Tumblr? If so, how do you utilize the platform?